Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thing #3 Flickr Blog oranges


oranges, originally uploaded by ameboid.

As I was looking ahead to the flickr Thing, I decided to revisit my flickr account. And as I was wandering around on flickr, I noticed the "blog this" link and had to test it out.

The picture you see is from our trip to the family farm at Christmas. We have a thing each year--my husband and I take pictures during the family visits to the farm, then we put together a calendar of some pictures for Eric's grandparents as a gift. In the last couple of years, we've branched out from just pictures of the family to documenting farm life (though, to be honest, it's a ranch--cattle). I have great admiration for the life they lead out in the country. I can't see myself that far away from what I would consider to be 'the thick of things.'

I was reading Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian while we were at the farm. I love when an author uses humor to deal with really tough subjects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo and what a fun thing to do...hope you have a copy of all those personal calendars..nice memories!

and boy, can I relate to your feelings about humor!! A day without humor and a good laugh is...well, just plain lousy!